Element Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Element Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  IRC ChatIRC Chat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coin3's Zombie game

Go down 
3 posters

Original or simpler?
Original and fixed up
Coin3's Zombie game Vote_lcap67%Coin3's Zombie game Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
New and simpler
Coin3's Zombie game Vote_lcap33%Coin3's Zombie game Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

Coin3's Zombie game Empty
PostSubject: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:33 am

Blah blah blah... I'm making a game about a zombie invasion were you try to survive as long as you can in a chosen place in a realistic situation. I want to know if I should keep this horrible funky guy, or make a simpler one without arms or legs and only hands and feet? This would be easier to work with in animations and make the game grow faster.

Coin3's Zombie game Playerguy
Back to top Go down
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:23 am

Newer and with clothes.

What you should do is make separate sprite frames for the arms and legs and then make it so the object for a particular person or zombie rotates the arms only when needed (you'll need some experience in this so for now just make it again but separate the parts and put them in the right place for now and worry about rotation animation later)
Back to top Go down
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:10 am

So separate the parts? You mean like It already was?
Coin3's Zombie game Brokenpieces
I just put it together for the sprite.
Back to top Go down
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:16 am

yes except with only one sprite for the arms and legs and the body for simplicity
Back to top Go down
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:19 am

But then he wouldn't be able to bend his arms and legs! :O Which is essential if he wants to hold a gun the right way.

That's why I think I should make a simpler guy with no arms or anything between his hands and feet. But at the same time it ruins it.
Back to top Go down
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:27 am

ok well then atleast combine the hands and feet
Back to top Go down
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:02 am

Bam! It may seem like a step-back, but I think it looks more game friendly.

Original:
Coin3's Zombie game Body
New:
Coin3's Zombie game Bodyandhead
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Yes, it is quite game-friendly... if you're playing a Game Boy. A good computer-game sprite should be able to play decently in an 800x600 enviornment. Unless you're TRYING to make a small game of course, then I agree that the new one is best.
Back to top Go down
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:47 pm

well since it's smaller that means you can see more of your surroundings on a large screen and that also means you can stuff more zombies everywhere without them overlapping each other too much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:35 pm

I just thought the first one was too fugly. I am not a great spriter, so making it smaller was an excuse to use less detail. Oh, and another thing, I'm working a lot faster now.

Also, in this version, the arms will be one piece, and I will make different sprites for each gun position and stuff.
The head is still separate from the body, but the legs will be in the same sprite as the body. This is because it will be easier to animate and work on, and...it would be too hard to blow off a zombie's leg without changing the animation completely again.
Back to top Go down
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:25 am

I think this just won't work. I have to stop trying this and go with the easy way, Top down. But it won't be like the other zombie games, I promise.
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:50 am

FLYING ZOMBIEZ!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:10 pm

uhhh...sure, sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coin3's Zombie game   Coin3's Zombie game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coin3's Zombie game
Page 1 of 1