Element Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Element Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  IRC ChatIRC Chat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good vs. Bad and PvP?

Go down 
+5
AlphaForce
blueflare
stevekb
Chaosknight
Nighthawk
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

Good vs. Bad and PvP? Empty
PostSubject: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:47 am

This is in general, because it isn't in game yet. These are my plans, but are still up for revising, so if you have any suggestions please voice them.

The two primary factions are good and bad, though I may come up with better names for them later. Both are trying to eliminate the other, as they interfere with eachother's plans. Therefore, members from the two factions will go and attempt to dispatch key members of the opposing faction.

This is not quite enough, though. The two factions will occasionally hire mercenaries to fight on their side. The mercenaries are impartial, and will fight for whichever side will pay their bill.

There are also traitors in the midst. If a member from one faction kills a fellow member, that member is labeled as a traitor for an hour, or until they are killed and and have respawned. Traitors can receive a large amount of payment from the opposing faction. However, members of their own faction will receive payment from their own faction if they attack said traitor, and traitors appear on a radar that makes them easy to find. Three betrayals will make a player totally switch factions automatically.

Good members will get missions that tend to make them hunt down strong opponents, that are powerful and appear to be spreading their corruption. Bad members tend to pick out weaker enemies, to ensure faster kills, since any kill will weaken the morale of the rest of their enemies.

And I am, of course, talking about a PvP quest system.
Back to top Go down
https://element.aforumfree.com
Chaosknight
Seasoned Sniper
Seasoned Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:22 am

Sounds pretty solid to me. It seems to GIVE purpose rather than the normal mindless slaughter found in other games.

But as for team names there are several options.
Light / Dark
Order / Chaos
??? / lawyers

But then again the names are not really important.
Back to top Go down
http://beastknight.deviantart.com/
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:22 pm

Yeah I think it's a good idea too.

lawyers vs. bunnies
scratch vs. albino
Back to top Go down
Chaosknight
Seasoned Sniper
Seasoned Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:46 pm

XD I can only imagine the epicness of that fight. Cut-throat lawyers VS rapidly breeding bunnies.
Back to top Go down
blueflare
Seasoned Sniper
Seasoned Sniper
blueflare

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm

hmm

i think that would be more gross than epic, but whatever
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:01 am

Light / Dark - Cliche, but I might go with that.
Order / Chaos - Been done before, but so have most of these types of things, I don't think anyone will sue us.
??? / lawyers - Heck yeah! But it might be too hard to fit into the current system... Maybe it could appear in a spin-off title, or as a mini game.

I was thinking more along the lines of clan names, something a little more abstract. The baddies obviously don't consider themselves to be wrong, but those themes should be obvious through the separate factions' actions and philosophies.
Back to top Go down
Chaosknight
Seasoned Sniper
Seasoned Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 4:15 am

I agree with everything you said, but you have to admit them lawyers are really evil, and yet they do think they are just Very Happy

Well how about Crusading Guardians for the good side. As for the bad side, it is almost difficult for me to pick something without them sounding "I'm going to destroy the world" evil.
Back to top Go down
AlphaForce
The Dark X
The Dark X
AlphaForce

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:00 am

Have you ever tought of Angels & Demons? Something like that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamma-work.com
MonkeykingZX
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
MonkeykingZX

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:01 pm

seems like a good idea, i have no idea what names to call the sides, you could give them a city each and name them after the city i.e if the city was Asmodia that side would be the Asmodians
Back to top Go down
AlphaForce
The Dark X
The Dark X
AlphaForce

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Yeah! Asmodia and Dixmud! The two Great City!
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:53 am

Kanavan vs Serdin! owait... already been done.

How's about...

- Energy vs. Element?
- Mind vs. Matter?
- Greed vs. Sacrifice?
- Pestilence vs. Growth?

Just some ideas.

Also, you will of course be inroducing, naturally, a dual level-up system? Faction exp, and normal exp, one for levels, one for skills? And naturally you wouldn't do this without faction-only weapons, armor, skills, and possibly even faction-only areas?
Another note, good seems worse in how you describe the factions, what about an equal tradeoff? What I am suggesting... are level-up bonuses based on your faction level. With improved faction exp from good, you get better stats, while evil is harder to level up in, yet has improved faction-only weapons?

This has been, my two cents. (Or twenty cents, as the case may be.)
Back to top Go down
AlphaForce
The Dark X
The Dark X
AlphaForce

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Brainee1 wrote:
Also, you will of course be inroducing, naturally, a dual level-up system? Faction exp, and normal exp, one for levels, one for skills? And naturally you wouldn't do this without faction-only weapons, armor, skills, and possibly even faction-only areas?
Another note, good seems worse in how you describe the factions, what about an equal tradeoff? What I am suggesting... are level-up bonuses based on your faction level. With improved faction exp from good, you get better stats, while evil is harder to level up in, yet has improved faction-only weapons?

I agree with Brainee for all of these, seems like good ideas.
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:58 pm

Faction only benefits (weapons, skills, etc.) are a given, of course. As for faction exp, I like the idea, but not [i]all[/] skills are going to be exclusive to one side either. I was thinking more along the lines of a reputation system. You gain reputation points for successfully completing faction quests, lose some for failing, and lose a LOT for treachery. With enough reputation points, your rank would increase, giving you access to a few elite skills and items not available to you before. How does that sound?

And yeah, looking back, I think you're right; the factions need to be a little more equal in terms of what kind of quests they dish out.
Back to top Go down
sasracer
Red Robot
Red Robot

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:57 am

AWESOME! This sounds really cool.
Bad names:
um, Treachary (I know, I suck at spelling)
Decepticons (Just had to Razz)
Ultimega's (They believe they are better, so they can do anything they want. Mostly evil of course)
Thats about it.
Back to top Go down
http://sasracer.wordpress.com/
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:15 am

NH: may I suggest a system for you to easily accomplish that effect? Using abs() to draw the number, and determining good/evil exp based on a positive/negative standpoint. That is, -39 exp is drawn "39 evil exp" and 14 is drawn "14 good exp"? This means that for killing a foe in PvP, you gain faction exp based on their faction exp. facexp-=foe.facexp*3 seems like it would work. If the foe's faction exp is negative, they're evil and you gain good exp, and lose evil exp, and visa-versa if it's positive.

And yes, sounds excelent. It's a good idea to ignore my more insane ideas, simplicity is key. That is simple. Keep it so.
Back to top Go down
sasracer
Red Robot
Red Robot

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:24 am

Sounds like a great plan Brainee. Actually what I was thinking of. Gonna have to save that in my brain for my MMO idea.
Back to top Go down
http://sasracer.wordpress.com/
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Different idea: We keep "good" and "bad", but make members of the corresponding alignments serve under a specific faction.

Good: Serves House Luminikus (Loo-min-uh-kus) (Derivative word: Luminous)
Bad: Serves House Khaotikus (Kay-ah-tuh-kus) (Derivative word: Chaos)

A player could decide whether or not to join a house (or faction) at all. You would not, however, be able to join the opposite alignment's house. For example, if you're bad, you can decide not to affiliate yourself with House Khaotikus, but you can not join House Luminikus either as your character's line of thinking is not the same. Also, I'm up for revising those names, but that's more the kind of thing I was thinking when I was asking if anyone knew any faction names. I'd just rather avoid something generic, such as as Light and Dark, or Angels and Demons.
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:39 am

Or... what is you COULD join both, but would have to keep the other house a secret from members of the one house? Like say you kill a member of house luminikus and are a member, do this and you begin to be suspect. Do this (And similar things when members are around) and you'll be kicked out, your rank removed, and be unallowed to join again for a set period of time.
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:41 am

Brainee1 wrote:
Or... what is you COULD join both, but would have to keep the other house a secret from members of the one house? Like say you kill a member of house luminikus and are a member, do this and you begin to be suspect. Do this (And similar things when members are around) and you'll be kicked out, your rank removed, and be unallowed to join again for a set period of time.

Well, that's kind of what I meant by the betrayal aspect of it. You would end up on the other side after 2-3 betrayals due to the major reputation change. Although I wouldn't think of it as being a member of both at once. Razz
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:12 am

That was just another one of those random ideas, think nothing of it.
Back to top Go down
bobtrue56
Gray Blob
Gray Blob
bobtrue56

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:17 pm

this may be a little off topic, but this didn't fit in any of the other ones, either. is this game playable yet? if so, where can i find it?
but on the whole idea of this thread, how about:
The Corruption Twisted Evil Vs. Purgers Cool (not quite sure if that is a word, but i think it works pretty well.)
Back to top Go down
blueflare
Seasoned Sniper
Seasoned Sniper
blueflare

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:51 pm

that isn't half bad

also yes purgers is a word
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good vs. Bad and PvP?   Good vs. Bad and PvP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good vs. Bad and PvP?
Page 1 of 1