Element Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Element Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  IRC ChatIRC Chat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Custom Characters - All you need to know about them.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

Custom Characters - All you need to know about them. Empty
PostSubject: Custom Characters - All you need to know about them.   Custom Characters - All you need to know about them. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:03 am

The official
Custom Characters

Informational topic.

Custom Characters in use

User (Reason for possession of custom) - [IMAGE]

Nighthawk (As if I have to tell you.) - Custom Characters - All you need to know about them. Rrlbu9

blueflare (Staff/Developer) - **

SteveKB (Staff/Developer) - Custom Characters - All you need to know about them. 2h331ia

Chaosknight (Staff/Developer) - **

Kenny (Reliable Hosting) - **

*: Work In Progress
**: Will come later
X: Revoked

If you are not a staff member, and your name is not on this list, do not PM me about it.

Custom Character Q & A

- What are they?
They're characters specially designed for one player, and one player alone.

- Will the users of them get a big advantage over other players?
Yes, and no. Having a custom character has you set at the fourth stage, meaning regardless of your level you will have a somewhat powerful attack to use. However, they don't get a stat boost, nor access to any skills other players can't receive in some way or another. Once a normal player reaches the 4th stage, they should be about as powerful as a custom character player.

- Can I have one?
No. They are reserved for staff members, and monetary supporters.

- That's not fair, why can't I have one?
One of the main charms to Element is growing your character and seeing what it becomes based on your decisions. Everyone having custom characters would ruin that aspect of the game. Besides, if we start making them for just anyone, it takes time away from working on the game itself.

- Monetary supporters?
At some point, we plan to accept donations. These would go towards paying for a proper web host, getting a better forum, and other similar things. For a certain amount donated, we would be willing to make a custom character for the supporter.

- How much will I have to pay if I want one.
When and if we start accepting donations, it'll be an amount that does make a difference. We were thinking $10-15 for a unique but premade character of the donater's choice, and $20-30 for a custom character made to the specifications of the one donating. These are still subject to change, we haven't finalized any of the details yet.

- What a ripoff! That much for one sprite?
You have to take into account that you aren't buying a custom character, you're donating to support further development of the game and community. The sprite is just a bonus. Also, it isn't just a sprite, we have to also make the portrait, animations, and attacks for your character as well, and that takes time and effort.

- So if it ruins the point of the game, why make them?
Well, A: You can just change your nickname when you want to play a regular character. B: For differentiation; you'll be able to recognize someone who helped out with the game's development immediately just based on their character. C: They're just plain cool to have, and make a good incentive for donations.

- I want one so bad, can I be a staff member?
We don't accept people into the staff simply because they want a custom character. If it becomes apparent that this is your main motivation for applying, we'll always turn you down.

- Please please please please please please please plea-
*BANNED* If you read the rules topic, you would know that nagging a staff member for anything can result in a warning, or even a ban.

This topic is not for requesting custom characters. Any post doing so will be deleted.

Last edited by Nighthawk on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:58 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://element.aforumfree.com
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

PostSubject: Re: Custom Characters - All you need to know about them.   Custom Characters - All you need to know about them. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:10 am

that blue font burns my eyes
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Custom Characters - All you need to know about them.   Custom Characters - All you need to know about them. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:18 am

Better?
Back to top Go down
https://element.aforumfree.com
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

PostSubject: Re: Custom Characters - All you need to know about them.   Custom Characters - All you need to know about them. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:33 am

yes thank you sir
Back to top Go down
MonkeykingZX
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
MonkeykingZX

PostSubject: Re: Custom Characters - All you need to know about them.   Custom Characters - All you need to know about them. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:13 am

nice glow on the sword
Back to top Go down
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

PostSubject: Re: Custom Characters - All you need to know about them.   Custom Characters - All you need to know about them. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:42 pm

I seriously don't like this idea. Just no, no. Ask SteveKB, I told him all about how horrible it is... D_D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Characters - All you need to know about them.   Custom Characters - All you need to know about them. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Characters - All you need to know about them.
Page 1 of 1