Element Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Element Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  IRC ChatIRC Chat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

virus attack...?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

virus attack...? Empty
PostSubject: virus attack...?   virus attack...? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 6:46 am

So I was about to watch...Hannah Montana the movie on a movie website, and I did this before, same link and everything, no problem.
But then, of course, a message comes up saying that a virus has been detected, and you should install a software. Wondering if I should do it, I said yes then quickly exited out.
I tried to get a decent anti-virus, but the installer doesen't work.(AVG)
There doesen't seem to be anything wrong, but I want to get a good free anti-virus and make sure. What is the best?
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

virus attack...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: virus attack...?   virus attack...? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 6:53 am

You've already tried it. I suggest... what was the name?
It slips my mind for the time being. It's a Windows trojan-detection software (It also detects browser cookies), and if what you got isn't too bad, it'll fix it. Otherwise I suggest AVG or Avast!.

Avast!: http://www.avast.com/

And AVG you've already tried. I have a little experience with viruses (bad), so I can tell you this: If you ever get anything REALLY nasty, ask CK. He gots a link to the BEST site ever. But I gotta tell you, it's not for your everyday "run-of-the-mill" virus. So it doesn't help you much here. Just for future reference.
Back to top Go down
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

virus attack...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: virus attack...?   virus attack...? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 6:57 am

My computer does not meet the system requirements for avast.
I found one called kaspersky, I think it might work.

edit: Okay this is just stupid. All the ones I tried don't support windows server 2003.

The thing is, my step cousin got a virus twice from that site in the last week and they had to start the computer from scratch because it wouldn't start back up. There's a difference though. On her's a message on the bottom right pooped up saying "your computer is infected" every so often before.

edit2: Well, I restarted the computer, and it was completely normal. No errors or anything. I'm starting to doubt the virus is there...unless it is so tiny the computer or website thing barely noticed it.
So, I know it might not be much, but I want to get rid of it quick just in case it grew and I had to redo the laptop.
Back to top Go down
AlphaForce
The Dark X
The Dark X
AlphaForce

virus attack...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: virus attack...?   virus attack...? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Yeah... Windows Server 2003... Do you live in the past?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamma-work.com
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

virus attack...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: virus attack...?   virus attack...? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:41 pm

and what exactly were you doing watching movies illegally online not expecting to maybe be viruseded? (and hannah montana? o.o )
Back to top Go down
Coin3
The Dark X
The Dark X
Coin3

virus attack...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: virus attack...?   virus attack...? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:02 pm

yeah...Razz I just felt like it.
I don't know why I never updated to a better windows... I might soon anyway. Even though I really don't think the virus is really there... NOTHING has gone wrong yet.
Back to top Go down
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

virus attack...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: virus attack...?   virus attack...? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:10 pm

backup your files in case so that you can put it back easily instead of losing it or having to wait for the internets to download it for days again :3
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

virus attack...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: virus attack...?   virus attack...? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:46 am

Try this:

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Scan with that; it might not get everything, but it should hurt the virus enough for you to clean up the rest with a quick scan on Avast or AVG. Used that method on both my mom's and sister's computers. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://element.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

virus attack...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: virus attack...?   virus attack...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

virus attack...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Element Forums :: Other :: Etc.-
Jump to: