Element Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Element Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  IRC ChatIRC Chat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Computer = Beast

Go down 
+2
Nighthawk
stevekb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

New Computer = Beast Empty
PostSubject: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:01 pm

I got my new computer and now I'll be doing some videos of me playing trackmania nations forever
cod4
warmonger
halo demo
portal demo
fear
spyro 2
spyro 3
super mario galaxy in HD(das right lolzes)

I haven't even overclocked anything and it is still a beast

(so far i've gotten it to 3ghz in the bios and then set it back during the same bios session)

i have multiple windows open and music playing and my computers cpu usage is between 0-2% while my ram usage stays near 20%
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Very nice. It would be cool to have a desktop that runs faster than the speed of sound, but I <3 my laptop. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://element.aforumfree.com
MonkeykingZX
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
MonkeykingZX

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:49 pm

what are your new system's specs steve?
Back to top Go down
blueflare
Seasoned Sniper
Seasoned Sniper
blueflare

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:07 am

so jealous

urgh
Back to top Go down
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 6:38 pm

for some relative specs go here http://www.xfire.com/profile/

now me explain detailed specs
mobo=gigabyte ga-x58-ud5
cpu=intel core i7 920
ram=patriot ddr3 cas 7 1333mhz 6GB (3x2GB)
psu=corsair TX 650watt
gfx=galaxy nvidia 9600gt (I'm going to upgrade this when the directx 11 cards come out)
case=antec 900
hdd=velociraptor 300GB sataII 10,000rpm
dvddrive=good dvd drive which i forgot the specs off since it has so many numbers but 48x cd read and 24x dvd read
keyboard=logitech g11 gaming keyboard wired (it lights up :3)
mouse=wireless logitech v220(i think, I've had this for about over a half year)
speakers=my old speakers which I need to replace in a couple months
wireless lan (from my old computer, explained)
moniter=my dad's 19" wide screen moniter from dell D: max(1680x1050)
os=windows 7 RC 64bit

ok now for somereason i wasn't able to get my wireless usb wlan card to work and then I search for drivers online and then one day I found out in some random forum that the only driver that worked was for a different product so i was thinking wtf and then I downloaded the other software drivers and it worked and then i said wtf (or atleast though) again

the moniter that I was supposed to use was a 24" wide screen 1620x1080 (1080p!!1?!!!!) but my father decided that he wanted it 0_8
however my mother said he should give it back on my birthday or something :3 but he said "excuse me" lol he's probably going to lose.(the monitor I'm using was his widescreen moniter, he actually uses two monitors already)

gfx the 9600gt is medium range and it shows since some games aren't truly at max such as trackmania which I have to set light map quality to 2^x instead of 8^x because my card only has 512mb of VRAM however i think I'll need to toggle some settings because i think it's possible to let it borrow some system ram (which I has plenty off thankies)

stats:
usually 20-30% of ram is used regularly
cpu% has never gone above 20% and usually stays at 0-2%

right now I'm going to run some benchmarks
but my windows 7 experience index is as follows
Processor-7.4
Memory (RAM)-7.4
Graphics-5.9
Gaming graphics-5.9
Primary hard disk-5.9

yes I know what NH and other vista users are thinking, how the heck did he get 7.4, well I think it's because windows 7 extended it or something but 5.9 is still the best and 7.4 is besterestest
Back to top Go down
MonkeykingZX
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
MonkeykingZX

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 pm

although it's a good idea to ignorer the index's altogether as they're generaly innacurate when it comes to games Very Happy

anywho, very nice pc, good call on upgrading when the dx11 cards came out that's what i plan to do too Smile

my advice, just to showoff more would for you to buy the titan fenrir cpu cooler and crank that cpu up to 3.4ghz AT THE LEAST, higher clock speeds will help in games that aren't multi core ready

all in all though 8/10 (will go up once you get new gpu and oc cpu Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:45 pm

I'd think I'd agree Very Happy I'm not satisfied totally yet but it is still so awesome compared to my last comp lol
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:49 pm

Wow. Nice.

Now seeing as my computer (Which was not half-bad) is decimated, and as you got this new "beast" compter... I kinda want to throttle you now. I also want to throttle NH for not doing much on EO until, of course, the DAY my computer was decimated, but who's keeping a list?
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Heh, sorry about that. Razz

Also, how did your computer get "decimated?" A virus? Or did it literally get decimated in a physical sense?
Back to top Go down
https://element.aforumfree.com
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:01 am

By "decimated" I mean that the place where the power cord plugs in, no longer works. It's already been fixed once, and the store told me when they fixed it then, that they would not be able to fix it the next time it happened. It's toast.

On a related note, Steve: You're good with hardware and stuff, would you happen to know if there's such a thing as a USB power cable for a Windows computer? One of those would keep me around for a few years. (I would not be able to sprite, the power outlet thing obliterated my monitor as well, and as it's a laptop...)

I would however be able to play EO. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sasracer
Red Robot
Red Robot

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:16 am

Yay for TMNF! YAY! PWNAGE!
Grats Steve!
Back to top Go down
http://sasracer.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Computer = Beast   New Computer = Beast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Computer = Beast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Element Forums :: Other :: Gaming-