Element Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Element Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  IRC ChatIRC Chat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Look at this, guys!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

Look at this, guys! Empty
PostSubject: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Look at this, guys! A9v95v

What not to take from this: "That Nighthawk is a self serving meanie who plays the 'I made the game so I'll do what I want' card at every turn! >:["

This was actually part of a very successful test, that can be applied to not only other custom characters, but also to the third stage growth level and beyond. The humanoid character engine works right alongside the current character system, but doesn't interfere with non-humanoid characters. I've yet to add support for this online, as there are a host of new variables that need to be sent in order to display the whole thing, but I plan to do that today.

By the way, I added text that shows your exact current HP/SP, as well as the maximum values, in the inventory screen. Which reminds me to tell you to keep checking this topic, as I don't always make a new post when I do something new.

https://element.aforumfree.com/updates-f2/what-to-expect-3-t19.htm
Back to top Go down
https://element.aforumfree.com
blueflare
Seasoned Sniper
Seasoned Sniper
blueflare

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:56 pm

When you're humanoid, can you equip armor and stuff?

ALSO DO MINE NEXT

ALSO ALSO I AM SO EXCITE

(caps lock is cruise control for cool)
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:18 pm

blueflare wrote:
When you're humanoid, can you equip armor and stuff?

ALSO DO MINE NEXT

ALSO ALSO I AM SO EXCITE

(caps lock is cruise control for cool)

Not really, the sword and armor are built in... You can equip stuff later, but all they'll really do is change your stats, the weapon depends on the character. Sorry. Sad

And maybe I'll do yours next, since yours is relatively simple. (When compared to something like Pepsi's, or Brainee's.) Smile

I think I'll reserve customs for developers only this time around, though, so that no one bothers asking. You guys are okay, though, I have Brainee and SteveKB listed as members of he debug team for pointing out glitches and helping me figure out what was causing them, and I have a music track in there by blueflare.
Back to top Go down
stevekb
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
stevekb

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:51 am

you know i never really made a good char but I'll probably make a revision lol and I'll give it to you to check a long way down the road. Right now I'd still rather use the regular player for now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blueflare
Seasoned Sniper
Seasoned Sniper
blueflare

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Yay!

Also, do all characters have the same kind of weapon, or do some have swords, and other have like, axes?
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:01 am

Well, judging by the fact that axes are WAY cooler than swords... I'd say NH HAS to include them.
Look at this, guys! Gene-simmons-axe-guitar
Back to top Go down
MonkeykingZX
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
MonkeykingZX

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 am

i can wait for mine so feel free to do mine last
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:23 am

lol this is a topic from a month ago...
Something tells me this is old news. From when the mods were the only ones here.
Back to top Go down
MonkeykingZX
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
MonkeykingZX

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:24 am

hey you made a new post first today lol
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:25 am

Yeh, but I wasn't here a month ago to read this. I have mad excuses. :p
Back to top Go down
MonkeykingZX
Lightbringer
Lightbringer
MonkeykingZX

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:16 pm

i wasn't either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brainee1
The Dark X
The Dark X

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Darn you and your excuses. Fine.
I guess I should go work on some concept art fer my guy, after I make something for the game itself. Hey, NH, you need a honey bear? (The little bear honey comes in) Because I want to sprite one. (Yay for random wants and desires and synonyms!)
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Overlord
Overlord
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:24 pm

Maybe I should just close all update posts that are getting old, as posting in them can take the attention away from newer, more relevant updates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look at this, guys!   Look at this, guys! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look at this, guys!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Element Forums :: Development :: Updates-
Jump to: